- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Pure Cane Juice Organic Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup CocoaJoe ground very fine (use a food processor or spice grinder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into the chocolate mixture with remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by round teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry and cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe is a modified version of the TasteofHome Mocha Truffle Cookies Recipe.